Amber Heard denied rumors on Tuesday that her role in the Aquaman sequel was eliminated. Filming concluded earlier this year.
The online celebrity site Just Jared posted that audience response from screen test previews convinced the studio to re-shoot scenes. (quote) “Warner Bros. decided to recast Amber Heard‘s role.”
Her rep called this anti-Amber rumor mill fueled by the Johnny Depp court case “inaccurate, insensitive, and slightly insane.”
Afterward, Just Jared updated their scoop. An insider clarified the studio's changes to first edit of the superhero movie. (quote) “Amber has not been completely cut from the film. She still has a small role." (E! News)
- She's been paid. These edits will impact Amber's future employment in Hollywood but she's been paid for Aquaman 2.
- Not a single person will be compelled to buy tickets to Aquaman 2 based on Amber’s performance. It’s Jason Momoa’s movie.
- Prediction: There won’t be an Aquaman 3.
- Much less expensive deleting Amber in the editing room rather than conduct another casting call and order re-shoots.
- Johnny went to court not to “win” but to destroy Amber. It was an act of retribution.
Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 12:53 AM
RUMORS SWIRL: @realAmberHeard eliminated from #Aquaman sequel https://bit.ly/3Qm4LCi
RUMORS DENIED: Rep for @realAmberHeard dubbed gossip about her #Aquaman role as “insensitive and insane” https://eonli.ne/3NW0DHB
Publish Date Timestamp
Wed, 06/15/2022 - 00:53