You may have seen a monster truck on display around town, on TV, or at an event in the past. If you have never been to a show before or haven't been in a while here is what you can expect to see.
- At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in four different forms of competition -- side-by-side racing, freestyle, Wheelies, and Donuts:
- Side-by-side racing – traditional bracket racing, where the first truck, with the least amount of penalties, crosses the finish line is declared the winner.
- Freestyle competition – allows drivers a limited amount of time on the open floor to show off their skills. In this category, the fans serve as the judges.
- Wheelie competition - Each truck may get 1 to 3 hits on any obstacle on the race track. The object of the wheelie contest is to get the highest wheelie by putting the front nose of the truck as high in the air as possible. This contest typically leads to a lot of great action and the occasional roll over
- Donut competition - The object of this contest is to get the truck to spin in a perfect circle as fast and as long as possible. This can be difficult depending on track conditions (slick concrete floor, dirt that is mainly clay based, a dry rocky dirt, etc